Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Just Another Tuesday

"Keeli, you need to get it out of the intersection." This is the advice my husband gave me the morning my car broke down at 6:20 am, in the dark, in the rain, with all 3 kids in the car as we headed to school. Although I never have claimed to be a genius, I was actually able to derive this idea on my own. Thank you, Chris.

If you have read any of my other posts, you know how exciting mornings are at our house. This morning was no different. From what I can recall, the fights were minimal, there were enough Pop-Tarts to go around, and I found my keys right away. That should have been my first sign. Things were going all too well. About 5 miles away from the house, I noticed my temperature gauge was slowly moving to "H". Again, I'm no genius, but I knew something was about to go awry. I turned my heat on high (which blew cold air), said a quick prayer, and called Chris who is over an hour away. As he answers, the red light flashes, and a beep more obnoxious than an alarm clock start going. There was no where to pull over. No. Where. As I crested a hill, mid-intersection, the car dies. It is dark, raining, cold, and there I was. *This is where I had the idea that I needed to get out of the middle of the intersection.* I am not sure why or how it started going again, but I eventually made it to a parking lot where it still sits. I may or may not have hung up on Chris after his profound advice about the intersection, but at some point I called my mom and asked her to come get us. I knew she was headed out of town and wouldn't need her car. My plan worked perfectly. All 3 kids, arrived at their schools (3 different ones) on time. I was also able to take my mom home and manage to only be 5 minutes late for an off campus meeting.

I would have called AAA, but they already sent me a letter that said I maxed out my emergencies for the year. I am not kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment